On the evening of 1 November 2018, DMCC hosted five representatives from the Government of Kenya at its headquarters in Almas Tower, Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), Dubai.
The objective of the meeting was to showcase the world’s leading free zone, and deliver a briefing on how Kenyan companies can expand their enterprise through DMCC’s status as a global trade hub.
During the meeting, CEO Gautam Sashittal, set out the strong existing connection between DMCC and the Kenyan business community, and explained how strengthening this relationship will only serve to benefit the economies of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and Kenya.
DMCC is committed to driving global trade flows through the emirate, and regularly hosts visiting delegations to create new market opportunities.
The delegation from Kenya included:
· HE Joseph Mucheru – Cabinet Secretary of ICT, Government of Kenya
· HE Mr Manwa Magoma – Information Secretary, Government of Kenya
· HE Mr Kariuki Wachira – Consular General, Kenyan Consulate in Dubai
· HE Aden Noor Mohamed – Charge d'Affaires from Kenya Embassy in Abu Dhabi
· Ms Caroline Thuku – Personal Assistant to the CS