About the event
The realisation and realities of sustainability and climate goals are hitting the Middle East’s hydrocarbon sector. The region, with its abundance of natural resources, is uniquely positioned to be instrumental in fulfilling the goals.
The downstream sector is key to delivering the transition globally. Today success is no longer just measured on safe and profitable operations, but also the delivery of energy and operational efficiency whilst demonstrating a commitment to ESG and maximising in-country value and circularity.
As the region’s refiners and petrochemical producers position themselves for a low carbon transition, ESF MENA will support the collaborations, discussions, and development of a sustainable energy future in which the Middle East’s downstream industry continues to play a leading role.
- Dr Bob Maughon, EVP, Sustainability, Technology & Innovation, SABIC, joins François Good, SVP Refining & Petrochemicals Africa Middle East Asia, TotalEnergies and Dr Dawood Nassif, CEO, Bapco to discuss how the Middle East can accelerate decarbonisation efforts and position itself as sustainability leaders
- Insights from Roland Kaeppner, Executive Director Hydrogen & Green Fuels, NEOM into the project globally leading in the production of green hydrogen and green fuel
- Dr Salim Al Huthaili, CEO, OQ Alternative Energy, Alicia Eastman, President, InterContinental Energy, Marcus Guzmann, ADNOC, Frank Wouters, EU-GCC Clean Energy Technology Network, Bashir Dabbousi, Saudi Aramco and Cornelius Matthes, CEO, Dii Desert Energy discuss with Vatche Kourkejian, Partner, Roland Berger how the region can leverage its geographical position and natural resources to become global hydrogen champions
- Technology experts, including Bryan Glover, CEO, Honeywell UOP, Leon de Bruyn, CEO, Lummus Technology, Andy Gosse, President, Shell Catalysts & Technologies and Doug Kelly, President Technology, KBR, join our keynote panel to discuss the role of transformational technologies and enabling engineering on the path to net-zero
- Dr Fahad Al-Sherehy, SABIC’s VP for Energy Efficiency and Carbon Management give exclusive insights on how the company is adapting processes to use renewable and recycled feedstocks and to create durable, recyclable product design solutions for its customers
- Maitha Al Marashi, Vice President, Sustainability, Borouge, Saeed Al-Ajrafi, VP Downstream, Tasnee, Mohannad Al-Haidri, Leader, CE MEAF - Petrochemical SBU, SABIC and Richard Charlesworth, Executive Director -Oil, Midstream, Downstream & Chemicals, IHS MARKIT discuss how the region can commercialise and scale plastic recycling