- The centre of Dubai's refining , manufacture and wholesale bullion trade
- Almas Tower's purpose built facilities offer a range of services to encourage the growth of the regional gold and precious metal trade
- The DMCC Vault is the largest and most secure vault in the UAE offering short and long-term storage
- The Dubai Good Delivery (DGD) standard improves tradability and distribution of small gold bars and enhances refineries' reputation
- At the crossroads between Asia and Europe and in the heart of a rapidly growing consumer market
DMCC unveils first impression of the second Gold Bullion coin
- Gold Bullion coin pays tribute to HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Follows unveiling of the prototype of first UAE gold bullion coin showcased in August 2011
- The two UAE Gold Bullion coins showcase two of the UAE’s most iconic projects
Dubai, UAE; 2 December 2011: Following the unveiling of its first UAE gold bullion coin prototype in August 2011, the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (“DMCC”), the licensing authority for the Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) Free Zone, is proud to release the first impression of the design of the second UAE bullion coin, in honour of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
The gold bullion coin will feature a portrait of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on one side, and on the other, an image of the Palm Jumeirah. The coin is the second in a series and follows the first gold bullion coin which was launched last August, and paid tribute to the leadership of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE.
Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman of DMCC, said:
“The first UAE gold bullion coin paid homage to our President, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, his vision, guidance and leadership. The second UAE gold bullion coin Pays homage His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.”for his vision, guidance and leadership”
The new gold coin will carry DMCC’s stamp of quality and authenticity. A five-ounce coin prototype will be minted by Argor-Heraeus SA in
Switzerland, an internationally acclaimed Swiss gold refinery that is accredited by the DMCC’s Dubai Gold Delivery (‘DGD’) standard. The DGD gold standard, launched by DMCC in 2005, is the adopted quality standard for gold and silver bars production and technical specifications in the region and is benchmarked to international standards.
The prototype of the gold coin will be available to view in due course.