- DCAM develops commodity-focused investment products for local and regional distribution
- Since its inception, GMR has facilitated over 2000 transactions worth USD 0.5bn since
- The DSAM Kauthar Gold Fund won the MENA Fund Manager Award for Outstanding Performance & Innovation in 2009 and 2010
- The DSAM Kauthar Commodity Fund won "Best Fund of Funds" Award from Hedge Funds World Middle East in 2009
- The GMR platform won Euromoney's "Trade Finance Deal of the Year" in 2007 and 2008
- GMR enables producers and traders to convert inventories into cash through partner banks
DMCC Tradeflow registers over 100 pledges since launch
DUBAI, UAE; [●] March 2012: The Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (‘DMCC’) announced that DMCC Tradeflow, its central, web-based registry of ownership for commodities, has registered and facilitated more than 100 pledges within the first month of operation. These transactions cover a wide range of commodities including gold, oil and steel that are stored in rated warehouses around the UAE and have generated trade financing from numerous national and international financiers.
Paul Boots, Director Tradeflow, said:
“To have registered and facilitated over 100 pledges in such a short timeframe is a testament to the confidence users have of our state-of-the-art platform. Our team continues to work with financiers and commodity traders to deliver transparent and secure methods to increase the level of trade finance in the UAE. We are pleased that our members are benefiting directly and now look to bring the advantages of the platform to an even wider group of commodity owners and their counterparts.”
Launched in February, DMCC Tradeflow offers a central, web-based registry of ownership for commodities and other assets in the UAE. Owners can store their goods in the country and request the warehouse to issue a warrant (“Tradeflow Warrant”), allowing for legal representation of ownership. In turn, the owners can pledge these Tradeflow Warrants to financiers in exchange for trade financing. DMCC Tradeflow Warrants are endorsed and administered by DMCC as the governing authority and central registrar. In cases of default, DMCC will work to ensure that the legal framework is enforced and that the underlying inventory is sold on behalf of the financiers in possession of the pledge.
DMCC Tradeflow has been developed to comply with modern banking standards and has been established alongside similar best practices in other jurisdictions.